At national level, there is a New Zealand Māori Rugby Board made up of the following:
- NZRU Māori representative.
- Two members from Te Hiku O Te Ika (northern).
- Two members from Tini A Maui (central).
- Two members from Te Waipounamu (southern).
- Two independent directors also sit on the Board.
Regional (Northern, Central and Southern)
At regional level, there is a regional Māori Rugby Board that manage the annual regional Māori rugby tournaments and facilitate Māori rugby development in each region.
At provincial level, Māori Rugby is typically administered by a Māori rugby committee that works with the local Provincial Rugby Union to develop Māori rugby in each province.