To post a Club/School vacancy please email email@example.com
Poneke Football Club - Rugby Devleopment Officer
Founded in 1883 the Poneke Football Club, one of New Zealand’s great traditional rugby clubs is seeking a Rugby Development Officer (RDO). We have over 200 senior and 300 junior players making us one of the biggest clubs in the region and are very competitive on the field and family oriented off it, exhibiting a culture of excellence in all things rugby befitting of our motto “You don’t just play, you belong”.
We are currently reviewing our club’s operation and are looking for an RDO to assist us implement the changes we are making for the 2015 season and beyond.
The stated purpose of the role:
- Support and increase the number and quality of coaches and players and to build a liaison between school and club rugby.
- Promotion of club amongst greater rugby community
- A range of tasks for the WRFU to promote rugby in Wellington
- Key competencies required to succeed in the role:
- A strong understanding for the game of rugby and previous coaching experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to establish goals, prioritise activities, and follow through with timely execution
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Ability to establish strong relationships with coaches, players, administrators and parents in the club and local schools.
- Proven ability to resolve conflict and to be comfortable working in a team environment.
Please note that this position is a joint venture between the club and WRFU so will initially be a fixed term appointment until 30 September pending outcome of WRFU review of the RDO programme.
To apply for the position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or for further enquiries please contact Club Captain, Rob Turuwhenua 027 4129922
Closing date 28 February 2015