Due to the close proximity of people in a relatively confined space, changing rooms are one of the most important spaces that appropriate Covid-19 management protocols must be implemented.
Not only will implementing the Guidelines help protect the community, but it may also limit the number of persons needing to enter isolation should there be a positive case at your club/venue.
Please note, these are not mandated directions, simply advice for mitigating risk of exposure and transmission.
Red setting guidelines
- Please advise anyone who is unwell and experiencing symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, fever, fatigue or shortness of breath, to not attend rugby gatherings.
- Please ensure QR codes are used and everyone who enters the changing rooms has signed in using the Covid Tracer app or by manually signing in.
- Changing rooms should not be used for pre-game or training meetings, post- training or game social activities, and the singing of club songs or performing of haka should be done in outside settings.
- Take a 'get in, train/play, get out' approach to rugby gatherings - minimising unnecessary contact in change rooms, bathrooms and communal areas.
- Facemasks are mandatory and must be worn at all rugby gatherings at all times when not participating.
- Ensure maximum possible ventilation in all changing, shower and bathroom areas. Ensure ventilation of the defined space is maximised. There should be no shared ventilation between defined spaces and no crossover between groups.
Updated 1 April, effective 11.59pm Monday 4 April.